Sunday, March 15, 2009

BMR

So I haven't weighed myself in FOREVER. I don't plan on stepping on the scale for a good week. It makes me a sad, sad person sometimes.
I want to concentrate more on eating right, working out and living a healthy lifestyle. This doesn't necessarily mean diet or lose a lot of weight. I've lost most of the weight that I wanted to lose but now I have to do the hard thing which is maintain.
I wish I could eat anything and everything I want but if I did that I would gain every ounce I lost. It takes me good time to drop weight but I gain it fast.
So I calculated my BMR and I would need to eat 1,875 calories to maintain my weight with no exercise.
I plan on working out 3-4 times a week so I consider this moderately active. So, according to this calculator http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm I would need to consume 2,250 calories per day to maintain.
I'm going to shoot for 1 pound per week weight loss until I'm down to 140.
To do this I'm going to eat 1,750 and workout at least 3 times per week if not more.
Wow, I've been rambling but I'm glad I figured this out.
I don't have to stave to be healthy and lose weight.
The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com