Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 40 ~ HELP

It's Friday! I'm super stressed today and need some advice ahhh! I know the final decision is up to me but...That job I was going to take is still open if I want it but I would need to let them know by 2pm and I would have to start Monday. I've been at my current company for the last three years and I did put my notice in two weeks ago but took it back cause they gave me $$. WELL now there is a new bill out in the Senate trying to shut us down yet again. If this bill passed, it would cripple our industry. This new job would be about the same pay but the commute is 17 miles each way. I'm currently driving maybe 3 miles each way. This new position would be a higher tittle for me. The real kicker is both my husband and I work for this company so if we go down we both lose our jobs and health benefits. This new job insists that the economy does not affect them and they've been around 40 years.
Any advice would be SO much appreciated. Have you ever left your job w/o notice? How the hell do you do it? I love these people I work with (most of them).

9 comments:

  1. Oh....that's a tough one!! Ok...based SIMPLY on the economy I don't think it would be a bad idea to switch to the new job. Security right now is a big deal.

    BUT only if they can promise you will have a job and won't suddenly have an issue after you start and have to let you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also have to say it depends on how much you like or dislike your current company and if you are ready for a change. It sounds like a good opportunity if you're looking to move up and bolster your resume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a toughie! I haven't left a job without notice BUT technically you did give them notice and they changed your mind. You have to take care of yourself in this economy and it sounds like if this company goes down you and hubby are screwed. Honestly, I would take the new position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving your eggs all on one basket is a tad risky in this economy, especially considering the new Senate bill.

    Remember we work to live, not live to work! If you have to leave, you have to leave, given the situation, I would hope that your superiors would understand why you HAD to make the decision.

    My two cents...good luck and keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it! Your old job knows that you have been looking b/c you did put in notice 2 weeks ago. Job security is very important right now and with the hubby at the same company, you could be in trouble since the Senate bill would kill your company.
    They'll understand better than you think! It'll all work out for the best in the end! Good luck & keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soooo much ladies. I'm going to take it. Wish me luck! =-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late coming into this, but just wanted to wish you good luck. That is obviously a very difficult decision. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOOOOOD LUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!! :) You're gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also wanted to wish you luck...I agree with Hopeful...I understand you are close with your co-workers now, but they aren't going to be the deciding factor on whether you keep your job or not.

    I would go for the new job and Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com