Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flu Reached Seattle

Oh my gosh the Swine Flu is here in Seattle! Sad day for me because I'm so damn paranoid. I'm also concerned for my sister because she is a Teacher in Queens, NY where there happens to be the most cases. Is this the end of the world? I need to stop watching the news. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the gym because it's probably a dangerous place to be right now.
Moving on, I will calm down now. Last night Derek and I picked out our vanity, toilet and fixtures. It ended up being fun. Well it was fun until it took forever to get some help. Two hours later we were done.
After Lowe's we took Roxie to the park. Poor girl was locked up inside all day long. This crazy lady was there and did not like Roixe. She kept yelling at her and asking us if she was a puppy. Why take your dog to the dog park if it can't get along with other pups? That's the burning question.
By the time I got home I was starving and it was almost 9. I scarfed down not one but TWO bowls of cereal. I really didn't need a second. Followed by a few animal crackers then I was off to bed.
Crazy day a work...more later.

4 comments:

  1. Tell me about it... I work in the medical field! People come here to get TESTED for Swine Flu!!! SCARY!
    What a BIZZNATCH... who wouldn't like Roxie?? Tell her to take her dog to her backyard if it can't be around other dogs... puppies or not!
    MMM I could go for some cereal right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL no mask... I do not work one on one with patients... thank god! BUT I am going through a lot of soap and hand sanitizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about your sis in Queens! (that's where I am!) The school where all the cases came from was closed for the week and disinfected. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine working in a pharmacy, lol.

    Hey, I just read your blog question about calories. I think that in general it all boils down to muscle mass. That is why our hubbies eat so much and don't gain like we do. I don't know if you lift weights or not. But the more muscle you gain, the more calories you can afford to eat without gaining. More muscle burns more calories at rest. If you feel like you want to eat more and find yourself hungry, get on a really good weight lifting routine and you'll see results. Ex. Before I lifted I would eat 1200 to lose, now about 1400, when I had alot of muscle, I ate 1600 and still lost. Hope that helps.

    PS-I never got bulky, even when I tried, haha.

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com