Saturday, April 11, 2009

Top of the morning

Good morning! How is everyone? Last night was wonderful! We had a little too much wine and ended up passing out early but that's alright. I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and watching Food Network. I need to get motivated to make my first ever carrot cake..ahhh!
Last night I made baked halibut, mashed red potatoes, grilled asparagus and corn. Derek loved the halibut but I've never really been a fan. Seattle is known to have some damn good fish but I just don't do seafood. The only things I can stomach is fish and chips, coconut shrimp, popcorn shrimp and sometimes halibut. Notice those things are mostly all fried?
I woke up with a major sweet tooth. I must think I'm still a kid and the Easter bunny is going to pay me a visit...I wish. My hubby and I don't exchange Easter baskets. I thought about it a couple years back but it never happened. My sister mentioned that she got her b/f an Easter basket the other night and it got my wheels turning. Maybe I should be a good wife and get my honey some Easter yummies? I really want some jelly beans right about now. This is dangerous! I can't just eat a portion of jelly beans like any normal person, I usually polish off the whole bag. I have to say I've been pretty good this Easter but the madness has just begun.
I don't think I will be taking Roxie to Easter dinner tomorrow. Last time she came to a family gathering all hell broke loose. I don't think my mother in law is the biggest fan of our crazy pup. She has one of those designer dogs and Roxie plays a little too rough.
I'm going to make a breakfast casserole this morning. Recipe will be here soon!
Must go now, I need to talk myself into a workout. xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know I started reading your blog a couple weeks ago and it seems we have a lot in common (recently married, just got a puppy, and I am 6' tall with similar stats). If you ever want someone to bounce ideas off let me know. I also just started a blog for similar reasons to yours.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get Steve an Easter basket-just not sure if I'll make it to the store tonight or tomorrow. I do easter baskets, Valentine's week long presents, Thanksgiving & Halloween presents, etc. Its fun & he seems to enjoy it. I'm with you on the finding it hard to resist the candy though. I usually buy it for him but I end up eating it. :) Good luck with taking Roxie to family dinner-we have the same issue only its our dog who doesn't like my parents' dog (2 females don't play well together). Have fun making Derek's basket & thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com