Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Amazing Indeed

The wonderful people at Amazing Grass sent me some goodies to sample.  They are so generous to the blogging community.  I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I got home and saw the package.  I've been wanting to try these products for the longest time now. 

From their website:

  • A delicious drink powder to help you achieve your recommended 5 to 9 daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
  • Naturally balanced source of antioxidants, B- vitamins, carotenoids, phytonutrients, enzymes, dietary fiber and essential fatty acids.
  • Sustains energy naturally and boosts your immune system.
  • Great for detoxifying and cleanses.
  • Probiotics and enzymes to aid digestion and absorption.
  • Complete raw food with powerful antioxidants.
  • Alkaline green plant foods help balance acidic pH levels.
  • More organic whole leaf greens per gram than any of the leading ‘green drinks’ – not from juice.
  • Featuring Sambazon organic pure acai and organic maca.
  • No soy lecithin fillers.
  • Non dairy, Gluten free, Non-GMO, Vegan Certified Organic.
Bear with me over the next few weeks because I will be trying a new product daily.

Moving on, I can't believe how sore I am today.  I'm feeling like an old lady, it feels good though.

Breakast was baby food, I joke but baby food was my topping of choice on my yogurt.  Man, this yogurt is thick!  I like my granola topping better than this, boo!


Mid-morning snack was this little baby.

Almond Breeze milk (no sugar added) and 1 packet of Chocolate Green SuperFood.

Grade: I would give this drink a A-.  It had a little bite but I couldn't tell if it was the powder or my almond milk.  I could see myself drinking one of these eveyr day.  Calorie wise it's great, almond milk is 40 for 1 cup and the super food has 30, can't bet that for 70 calories. I can't wait to try this in smoothies, maybe with a banana mmMMm.
Mix a tablespoon of Chocolate Green SuperFood with dairy, rice or soy milk or add it to a smoothie. One serving gives you the antioxidant equivalent of 7 servings of fruits and vegetables and helps you hit your daily quota.

Chocolate Green SuperFood: All natural and organic ingredients include organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic chlorella (cracked cell-wall), organic broccoli, organic dutch cocoa, organic redwood cocoa, organic cacao, natural chocolate flavoring, organic acai from Sambazon, organic maca, organic carrot, organic beet, raspberry, organic rose hips, pineapple, green tea, acerola cherry, organic flax seed powder, organic oat fiber, apple pectin fiber, F.O.S. (from chicory root), L. acidophilus, alpha and beta amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, cellulase, siberian eleuthero root, peppermint and organic sea salt. 100% Vegan

My second snack was 1/2 a Green SuperFood bar. Let me tell you, this was delish ♥. The green color on the inside me threw me off a little but if I was closing my eyes I would have never knew.


Lunch: I was ready for lunch today.  I had salad topped with tuna, with crackers and an apple on the side.  I also finished the other 1/2 of my SuperFood Bar ~ good stuff!


Workout: Tonight was 24 Lift class ~ I'm in love with this class ♥.  My best friend and I went together, we are great at motivating each other. She was the girl who helped me lose some pounds before my wedding.  I couldn't talk the husband into taking the class but he worked hard on the elliptical.
Noelle and I (my best bud)


After our workout we headed to a teriyaki restaurant down the road. I didn't have my phone to take a pic but the food was absolutely disgusting.  I ordered white chicken and brown rice and the chicken tasted like something that was taken out of the freezer and thrown in the micro.
Later, we went to Noelle's house for a dip in the hot tub, that really hit the spot after a tough workout. Dessert made up for my dinner a little bit, I inhaled a chocolate Vitatop with 1 scoop of french silk ice cream w/whip...and one baby sized 3 Musketeers.


Question:  What is your weight lifting routine? ♥♥Irene

6 comments:

  1. Currently I'm taking boxing lessons twice a week, so I haven't been lifting because the boxing is too strenuous! I'm using that as an excuse, but it's actually hard because I love strength training.

    My routines ALWAYS come from Fitness Magazine. One I especially loved was their "Love your Shape" workout, specifically designed for pear shapes, or apple shapes, or string bean shapes, depending on what you are (I'm a pear).

    They always have great ideas. It's my ultimate favorite magazine, I look forward to it every month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man look at you!!!!! You are doing so awesome with all those food pics and such. Nice work on staying organized and motivated!

    My weightlifting routine varies, but most of the time I prefer to do plyometrics. They are more for toning and I like that better than lifting. They also add a bit of cardio to the routine so it's like a double bonus. My favorites:

    Leg Cranks, Split Jumps, and Box Jumps

    Let me know if you ever want one some detail of one of my workouts. I'd love to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY I love camping. We are actually going to Nevada to Sand Mountain... we aren't dressing up... BOO. It will be too cold to be something cute anyway! LOL
    I am hearing so much about this GREEN stuff! Sounds like its not bad!
    I hate it when I pay for food thats GROSS!
    My workout routine... well I do the body for life workouts. You can check out their website. It works for me. I am not in the bym more than about 1/2 hour on any given day of my workout! That makes me one happy girl!
    OMG my friends can drink some beer. I am one of the only girls (there are a couple) who will drink beer. Most stick w/ the mixed drinks. MMM BEER! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lady. It really just kind of depends on the type of work you are doing. If it's just lifting and toning it's usually about 150-200 calories for a female of your build. If you add plyometrics (the jumping stuff) it is more cause your heart rate goes up quite a bit.

    My email is oceaneyz02@yahoo.com so feel free to email me ANYtime with questions!!

    Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review, I had been curious about their products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do P90X. What a great mix of Yoga, plyometrics, cardio, tons of push ups and pull ups. I've been mixing it up lately incorporating some heavier weight into the mix. Oh yeah, hey Irene, did you know you could make a few bucks by becoming an affiliate for amazing grass. Then you could use your link to their logo. Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com