Thursday, October 29, 2009

A monster inside me

Well, we made it to Thursday that means we have ONE more day until party time with lots of wine Friday!!  Can you hear the excitement in my voice?
Today will be my 4th working this week, but technically my 7th in a row, so needless to say I'm taking tomorrow off.
Today is supposed to be my leg day according to my handy dandy schedule but I think I did enough legs yesterday.  Seeing that I can barley walk, I don't think legs are possible tonight.  There is also Turbokick tonight, so that's another option.
So, tomorrow is "Halloween" in my office.  I have no idea if I'm going to dress up.  Part of me really wants to and the other part doesn't.  My sister-in-law had a pirate party last month so I have my costume form that I could wear.  We are also going to a party tomorrow night that we are supposed to dress up for.  Hmm decisions, decisions.

Breakfast: TJ's Honey Greek Yogurt w/raspberries and Kashi Go Lean.  The perfect amount of sweetness this time.
I've been pounding Vitamin C because everyone in my office is sick!   Stay FAR away from me please!


Snack was Amazing Grass Kitz Supergood Chocolate.  I have one word for this...YUM!  This tasted like I was drinking chocolate milk, maybe because I'm a kid at heart?
One 6 gram serving has the antioxidant equivalent of 3 servings of fruits and vegetables*

Little background:
Only 1 gram of sugar per serving
Supports cognitive and physical growth
Whole food source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Excellent source of Beta Carotene, Thiamin (B-1), Vitamin K
Good source of Vitamin C, Iron, Rioboflavin (B-2), Folic Acid
Supports a strong immune system
All natural – no artificial colors, flavors, fillers or other unnecessary stuff
Non dairy, Gluten free, Decaffeinated, Non-GMO, Vegan
Certified Organic


Lunch was divine.  I practically flew to the break room I was so hungry, move out of the way or someone might get hurt.
I had a buffet of food today that included carrots, an apple, a Morning Star black burger and Popchips.  If you haven't tried Popchips then run, not walk, to the closest store that carries them.  I felt guilty eating these because they tasted like Lays sour cream and onion. MMmm all those chips for 100 measly calories.


I'm a monster today and can't get my mind off food. I'm going to burn this off at the gym.
1/2 a Mojo Dipped PB&J bar. This tasted, dare I say it, better than a PB&J sandwich. Who doesn't live a good old fashioned PB&J? It's taking all my willpower not to eat the other half.



This was my husband last year on Halloween.  Isn't he sexy?  Don't ask me what exactly he was, I think he was going for a Seattle rocker dude.


And this is how my husband looks normally...much better. ♥


Workout:  I did 45 minutes on the torture machine again followed by abs.  The only thing that kept me going was thinking about the hot tub after.

We went to Subway for dinner, I haven't been there in forever.  I ordered the foot long chicken breast and saved half for tomorrow.  On the way home we HAD to stop to buy an avocado. I forgot how much I like Subway.


It felt so good to unwind, soak in the hot tub and watch The Office.

Dessert was a repeat of last night ~ love Vitatops!

Good night. ♥♥Irene

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, looks like I've found someone who loves avacados as much as I do!!! Sweet!!! :) They go with EVERYTHING!! I've had them the last 2 nights in a row in my homemade tortilla soup! I love them in salads, on sandwiches & burgers, in guac, just by themselves, in sushi....I need to move somewhere where I can have an avacado tree in my back yard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subway and black bean burgers. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a "Mexican" Restaurant last night for my book club. I ordered a grilled chicken salad with no cheese. I asked if they could but a side of avocado. They said that is 5.00 extra. I sadly declined. I almost brought the salad home so I could add my own avocado. With all that said..."I love Avocado".

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com