Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rain Rain, go away!

It's been raining non-stop the past two weeks in Seattle. BOO this weekend doesn't look good either, oh well.
I'm feeling good today, just the right amount of sore from my workout last night.
TGIF ~ Work has been crazy but I'm glad it's Friday!! Where has the week gone? My boss and a few others that work on my side of the office are in Colorado until Sunday for a conference, it's a little too quiet over here.
Breakfast is a repeat of yesterday, I can't get enough Greek Yogurt!

Question of the day: My scale ran out of batteries, should I buy a new battery or not weight myself? I have no idea what I weight right now.
Snack was a HUGE, yummy honeycrisp apple and a Fiber 1 blueberry muffin.

I planned ahead last night and mixed up some tuna to bring to work, with Fiber Wheat Thins & carrots. This really hit the spot when I realized it was 2PM and I hadn't eaten lunch. 1 can of tuna didn't look like much when I was done mixing it, but it was very filling.

Workout: My hubby, best friend, and I hit the gym up full force. We warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes, then ran the 5K and warmed down. I was nice and sweaty, for some reason the run was REALLY hard for me.
Dinner was grilled cheese, with ham, avavado and BBQ sauce. Sorry about the paper plates, our new house doesn't have a disposal yet so the less dishes, the better.
My snack for the night was a Skinny Cow and a few dark chocolate raisins.

Any fun weekend plans? ♥♥Irene

4 comments:

  1. Love your new layout! =)
    Hmmm answer to the question of the day... I dn't know! I had to "Break up" w/ my scale but I still use it... on Friday's! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese and BBQ...I'm sold! Sounds like a well deserved dinner after that run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, I need your email! It's easy to respond that way.

    Anyway you will NOT bulk up by drinking protein shakes I swear!! Your body needs the extra protein especially now that you have kicked up your workouts a notch. Start with maybe half a scoop in a smoothie (with milk, fruit, etc) and go from there. That's what I did and now I just love the stuff. I have found that I wasn't taking in enough calories for my activity and really damaging my metabolism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends on whether you think you can stay motivated without your scale?

    If weighing in each day/week/month is something that holds you accountable and keeps you on track, I would invest in a new battery or scale.

    If you have willpower like crazy, you could go without.

    ReplyDelete

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

My Husband ♥ My Best Friend

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I work in HR and I live in the rainy city of Seattle. I married the love of my life on November 8th, 2008. I love working out and eating healthy. I have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. My mom in an executive chef and she is truly my inspiration. We adopted a Jack Russell named Roxie in late November 2008 and we love her so much. Feel free to send me an e-mail at irenedunn08@yahoo.com